"Chuck" Brings Zork to Prime Time

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

"Chuck" Brings Zork to Prime Time

Post by Afgncaap5 »

Anyone else watch the first episode of NBC's "Chuck" show?

I had to watch it.  I was planning on creating my own "comedy/drama", and when I heard about Chuck I knew it would either a) Create a market for my show b) Ruin the market for my show, or c) be something different.  At the moment, it looks like A.

But that's beside the point.

The point, my fellow adventurers, is how parts of the plot hinged on Zork.  I recorded the episode and only saw the first fifteen minutes (will watch the rest later), but I saw the Chuck character attack a "terrible troll with a nasty knife", saying that it was a fan-made game based on the original Zork that he and a friend made in college.

A family member who watched the show while I had to leave (  :(  ) confirmed for me that Zork came up later in the plot again.  I haven't had a chance to watch it yet and see how, but I think this is absolutely thrilling.

Zork makes it to the main stream!  WOOO!
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: "Chuck" Brings Zork to Prime Time

Post by Siriusstar »

That is awesome! I never watch TV, but I'd definitely make an exception for something Zork related.

That Zork, a 30-year-old ADVENTURE game, is remembered on network television after all this time; and that enough people will be in on the joke to make it worth mentioning, is just seriously cool. 8-)
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: "Chuck" Brings Zork to Prime Time

Post by DataAngel »

Awesome. 8-)