Few Zorkian Questions

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

nitek1982
A white house, what?

Few Zorkian Questions

Post by nitek1982 »

Yeah, it's been a while since I have last posted to this message board.  In that time span, I have ruminated over many things, Zork being one of them.

Does anyone know of any events in the history of Zork that took place between the end of Zork Grand Inquisitor and the beginning of Return to Zork?  Currently, I can only think of the Great Diffusion, transluminite, the battle between the Eastlands and the Westlands and other elements mentioned in Peter Spear's Return to Zork walkthrough.

This question relates to the topography of the planet Zork:  Assuming the Great Underground Empire is the core and the mantle is the Eastlands, then what is the giant Brogmoid standing on when he holds up Planet Zork?

Any answers would be appreciated.
Not Afgncaap5

Re: Few Zorkian Questions

Post by Not Afgncaap5 »

I dunno, but the whole giant brogmoid astronomy was seemingly thrown out the window with the book contaning the planets in Zork Nemesis.
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

Well, originally, he was standing on another planet below him.  That planet was supported by another brogmoid, and so forth and so forth.  Now, the brogmoid holds up the whole solar system, and I believe orbits other solar systems supported by brogmoids, as seen in Grand Inquisitor.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

Does anyone know of any events in the history of Zork that took place between the end of Zork Grand Inquisitor and the beginning of Return to Zork?
My fan fiction!
Basse
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Basse »

And remember that FCD#3 got repaired, and all that with IT&L (Illuminte, Transluminte and Leisure Inc., if I remember correctly).
Not Afgncaap5

Post by Not Afgncaap5 »

Yes FCD#3 got redone due to it's demise in 1067.  Of course at that time The White House was condemned, though at the end it was brought back...Though in 1647 in RTZ it it seemingly in shambles again (and with an addition on the side)
Basse
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Basse »

An addition? Which?
Not_Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

I'm not sure which, but I'm saying if you go just by pictures, I think The White House in the beginning of RTZ has a small room of an addition on the one side compared to that of ZGI.
Wolf
A white house, what?

Post by Wolf »

Well, I don't think it's really an addition, and they might not have planned to have it restored in a game that takes place before RTZ. It's probably just an extension of the living room.