Need help for Zork website.

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Reaver

Need help for Zork website.

Post by Reaver »

I am thinking of starting a Zork website, but I have some problems.  One, I don't know exactly how to make one, and two, I don't know where I can go to get a place to host it.  Can anyone help me with this?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Need help for Zork website.

Post by DataAngel »

Well maybe I can help...

You can use notepad and an HTML book. ;-}
OR you can use MS Frontpage so you can click an icon and not have to remember all the code.

Your best bet would be to go online and find a website style you really like and mimic it but seeing how they did it. To do this you will just want to 'view source' in your web browser and it should open the page up into notepad or something similar.

As for hosting www.envy.nu isn't that bad and its free, they also allow FTPing, instead of some gay interface (unless you like that interface and only upload one file or two).
Not Afgncaap5

Post by Not Afgncaap5 »

Or, you could pay me to do it.  I wouldn't mind some freelance.  I don't mean to come off as bragging, but I DO have a degree in it, not like I'm just some guy offering to do your page.

Any idea what would make your site stand out from the others?
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

Well, first, I can't afford to pay anyone.  Second, the only things that I know about the site are that it will be a Zork site and that it will be my first webpage.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

hmmm, well if my site has anything you wish to use you can feel free to use it, just make sure you cover the where you got it from part.
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

Don't worry.  If I borrow anything from anywhere I will get permission and give credit.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

I seem to be going through old posts. Did you ever get your website Reaver?
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

I haven't been able to get to it because of problems in my family.  If I ever do, I will let everyone know when I think it is ready.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

bummer dude :-{ keep us posted.