Name?

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Basse
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Name?

Post by Basse »

The licence threat made me think. We DO need a company name, licence or no licence. So we need to come up with some ideas a guess.

Now, all of you probably know that all computer game companies choose all these wierd names. This is because there is already not a lot of names available. We need to sort this out even though it might not seem important.

I suggest that whoever does not have a 'job' in our project should be the 'Company title researcher' or something, and find out names that has not been picked.

We could give some suggestions, and then the researcher would find out if they are picked or not.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Name?

Post by Nemesis »

Well, it shouldn't be TZL, we may make other games that are non-zork, just to get people interested who have never heard of Zork. Maybe Not Activision? Or Game Revivers? Or something along the lines?
Not_Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

Not Activision would probably be a lawsuit, and what A STUPID idea to have your name "Not something"....oh wait...
Phoenix Games, goes along with the Game Revivers one, but I don't think we should go down that path either, since we may make other games that aren't Zork, we may also make games that *gasp* are completely original and aren't from an existing line.

I think 'Company Title researcher' is just getting silly with the whole making a person a head of a dept.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

Yeah, I mean, do you know of any company that has a Company Title Research dept? I mean, it would only last until they had a name.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

lol, its easy to find out if a NAME is in use, for crap sakes the State of California are right in S.F., I can just ASK haha. Of course it could still be and we COULD be sued if its official and if we can't back it up we'd lose and it would cost court fees.

And WTF is wrong with TZL!? It sounds great to my ears! ;-}
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

As Not A said, we may, and probably should, create other games that are non-Zork. It would help as far as publicity is concerned.
Frobozz8
A white house, what?

Post by Frobozz8 »

How about the frobozz software company, I mean it is a zork realated name but it could be used for other games you might make, its just a suggestion
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

IF we get the Zork license then we'll be able to use that name otherwise I am sure its technically copyrighted.

and I would call it 'Frobozz Magic Game Company'
Frobozz8
A white house, what?

Post by Frobozz8 »

Frobozz Magic Game company dose sound much better.
and is there any news on the license of zork?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

not yet.
alexandria

Post by alexandria »

If you called it Company Title Research Games then the Company Title Research title would last more than one day.....not too catchy, but that just popped into my head whilst reading, thought i'd share.