Nemisis problems

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Frobozz8
A white house, what?

Nemisis problems

Post by Frobozz8 »

Zork Nemisis is my faveroite game but I have noteced some problmes with the storyline, such as why did lucyien go with the alchamists and alexander to the temple didint they know he would be inraged at her death. also according to a journal I think in the asylem ther is a refrance to the nemisis meaning the nemisis was around before lucylan killed the alchmists mabey they became one at that point. I know I have a habbit of over scruitinizing games those are pretty important parts of the storyline that were not made clear and I have played the game many times so I am pretty sure that I have not missed anything. opinions, guesses and coments would help.
Basse
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Nemisis problems

Post by Basse »

Ummm....well what can I say. ALL games and movies probably has something wrong, something that does not fit. I think, to go hunt down these 'bugs' is simply a way of decreasing the quality of the game for one self and others as well.

Anyways, I don't think the alchemists knew that Lucien was coming. He probably escaped from the prison he was put in by his father, and arrived too late. Also, there is a thing about Lucien in the asylum. He were probably there for a while and for some reason got the name Nemsis

Oh, there is always a thing that I've wondered about. When Lucien says in the end, 'Come with me my fool....my friend', is it just be or does it sound a bit....suspicious. Or is it just a badly acted joke?
Frobozz8
A white house, what?

Post by Frobozz8 »

I think it was because he called you a fool when he was the nemisis so it was his joke.......a very bad and unnurveing one, but I do think the nemisis was gone at the end.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

You're forgetting that the Temple of Agrippa has time distortions and such. An example would be Bivotar and how his journal survived when he was erased out of time.
Frobozz8
A white house, what?

Post by Frobozz8 »

I know Bivotar was killed there but where did you hear that he was removed from history, and what dose time distortian have to do with the fool remark
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

The time distortion thing had to do with Nemesis in the Asylum and you ould find out about it in one of Nemesis's journals.
Frobozz8
A white house, what?

Post by Frobozz8 »

the only time distortian Ive heard of is in the round with the paintings
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

Basically, it says that the Nemesis killed him in the time room BEFORE he arrived at the temple and was waiting to see if Bivotar would return.
Basse
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Basse »

Which made me think, maybe the adventurer IS suppose to be Bivotar....maybe. Anyways, in my fan fic serie Beyond Zork Nemesis I told about Bivotar being erased from time (but not his book, cos he cast the Homing Peigon spell on it), so DON'T ruin it. Grrrrrrrrrr  >:(.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

He killed Bivotar before he was even BORN. It caused him to cease to exist.
Frobozz8
A white house, what?

Post by Frobozz8 »

but he was killed out of real time he was in the magic room, but if he was removed from time how did his book survive?
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

It's very complex, but I think Basse's BZN story explains it. Basically, he cast a homing pigeon on his book so it would be carried away if he died, and his magic interfered with the laws of time. It allowed the book to stay in time, but not him.
Frobozz8
A white house, what?

Post by Frobozz8 »

I think I am over analizing this but I have another queston in iron dune was the old solider the only one there if so how was the assult held off, and in the conseveotory the people in the audence  were they real or ghosts because you never see anybody and the building was closed and why was the ticket taker lady there. I know I am to picky about this but I am wonering. dont worry I wont be asking anymore annoying questions.........for a while.....lol.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

well crap, then what about the lady in the asylum, the only one there that put you in the chair... just shut up lol.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

There were two people in the Asylum. You're forgetting Mr. Head.