New Zork Fan-Game

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Commodore418
A white house, what?

New Zork Fan-Game

Post by Commodore418 »

Heyho!

I'm currently working on a Zork Fan-Game called "Zork - Back from the Totemized" and thought I let you guys know about it. It will feature Return to Zork style gameplay and a story set in an alternate timeline where the player failed to pass correctly through the Totemizer in Grand Inquisitor. Also all handdrawn graphics in ink and aquarelle colours.

I will proceed to post more details the next days. For now have this teaser:
Attachments
coming  -hopefully-   soon...
coming -hopefully- soon...
zorkbfttpromo1s.JPG (44.57 KiB) Viewed 16243 times
Arjak
A white house, what?

Re: New Zork Fan-Game

Post by Arjak »

Yay, a new Zork (fan)game!

Having beaten Zork Grand Inquisitor (which is my favorite of the graphic adventures, BTW), I have great hopes for your project. I like your idea of the story taking place in an alternate timeline, and can't wait to see how it unfolds! Good luck!
Commodore418
A white house, what?

Post by Commodore418 »

Port Foozle - about 1100 GUE

Something went wrong thirty-something years ago. You went through the Totemizer into the Hall of Inquisition and...
Nothing.
There you were. Sitting. Waiting. Wondering what went wrong.
A frustrated woman saw you on her visit of the "Dangers of Magic" exhibition and felt you were the perfect person to talk to, since, unlike her husband, you weren't able to run away. She took you home and told you everything in detail but when you started telling her you were much worse off sitting in this thing she banished you to her basement. Sometimes she came down there to get something or just bring more garbage but that was long ago.
The world has become quiet and you lost track of time.
But today is special...

Since I was not really satisfied with the look of the attachment last time I decided to just put the stuff up on my deviantart account an post the link here. Enjoy!

Whoops, it seems I'm not allowed to post a link here. I'm afraid you'll have to look for "whatawasteoftalent" on deviantart yourself. In my gallery there's a ZORK folder.
KM3K
TZL Administrator
TZL Administrator

Post by KM3K »

Looking forward to hearing more about this. Sorry about the links not working. We have a 2 post minimum for users being able to post links due to spam problems we have had in the past. You should be good to go now that you have 2 posts.
Commodore418
A white house, what?

Post by Commodore418 »

Hey, guys!

I'm kind of busy right now since I'm out of town for a few days but when I read that the links should work now I thought I might share this one real quick.

http://whatawasteoftalent.deviantart.co ... y/32002507

There's a Screenshot of the first room in a test run. It's just for first impresion purposes. There still might be some changes to that...
Arjak
A white house, what?

Post by Arjak »

Hey, that looks pretty good! In fact, there's already something making me curious!

>open drawer
Commodore418
A white house, what?

Post by Commodore418 »

Hello there!

Not really an update to the game this time but I just put my plans up on IndieGoGo.

http://www.indiegogo.com/ZORK-Back-from ... 847&i=addr

Please head over there and help me spread the word. Maybe you even spare some change... ;)
Arjak
A white house, what?

Post by Arjak »

I will definitely donate $35 when I get paid at the end of the month. :)
Commodore418
A white house, what?

Post by Commodore418 »

Thanks for your support!
I'm really flattered that you put so much faith in a game you've only seen one Screenshot from, but it also makes me a bit nervous since I'm fairly new to making games and don't want to disappiont.

As you may have read I'm currently trying to polish the first part of the game to a point where I feel I can release it as a demo. You might want to wait for that before you give me so much money.

Anyway, working on that means I don't have much time to keep you guys updated with cool stuff so I can only offer a sketch of an Item which will be central to the story on my deviantart account this time. Check it out and spread the word!