Original Zork (Dungeon Adventure)

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

znetimp
A white house, what?

Original Zork (Dungeon Adventure)

Post by znetimp »

Having started my text adventure days on a PDP-11/34 playing the original Zork adventure and all the PC versions later. I was happy to find some one that compiled it for DOS and Linux. Located here:

http://almy.us/dungeon.html

Does any one have an original walkthrough for the mainframe version? The great thing about the mainframe version is that it is Zork I, II and III combined, with some differences. Enough that using the I, II, III walkthrough will not necessarily help you. :)
Last edited by znetimp on Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Original Zork (Dungeon Adventure)

Post by DataAngel »

wow very cool and interesting...
Andy
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Re: Original Zork (Dungeon Adventure)

Post by Andy »

I had that once for download on TBZP. The many moons ago that it was.

For those who are interested, there's a flaw in my design :( So I'm having to do a redesign. Well, at least I can just copy and paste the content, so hopefully, when I worked out something that does work, it'll be up...

Edit: Having re-read your post, no I do not have a walkthrough for this version. You got a map there, that should help somewhat. Walkthroughs spoil games, I think. Eventually, you'll get where you need to go.

Edit: Actually, walkthroughs are good and enhance games in many ways, especially modern ones where it would be impossible to find every single hidden item, i.e. Gold Skulltulas in Zelda: Ocarina of Time or the Knights of the Round Summon in FFVII.
Last edited by Andy on Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.