Windows ME Woes

If you must talk about something that isn't about grue slaying, adventuring or even drinking some of that tasty rye, then do it here.

Moderator: KM3K

Andy
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Windows ME Woes

Post by Andy »

It's amazing what some people rely on these days. As much as XP can cause a headache, it doesn't even come close to earlier versions such as ME.

ME did not even recognise my Ethernet card! And it's not like I could connect for it to download some drivers. I eventually found the disc, which had been thrown somewhere because I thought I'd never need it.

I don't know what happened with my XP Restore Disc. A nightmare that was. Fortunately, this hunk o' shite is still under warranty, and a new disc is winging its way to me now.

Fortunately, once it was all up and running (which took too long for my liking) I was able to download everything that we seem to take for granted. It's not nice when you boot up your PC and have a desktop staring at you in 16 Colours with a 800x600 Res. Not pretty at all...
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Windows ME Woes

Post by DataAngel »

LOL...

Didn't SOME sort of default driver allow you to use 16bit at 1024x768???

And I still don't like XP, so I can understand that. As for ME I never used it but my brother in law has NOTHING but problems with it. He restores it like once a month or it just fudges up. He recently got a copy of XP but I told him he should stick to 2k instead.
Andy

Post by Andy »

I just turn on my PC and ME has deleted my sound card. I don't know why. Or how.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

OMFG... lol

thats actually happened to me before on my win2k machines... just reboot and it will be fine.