Children of the Nile

If you must talk about something that isn't about grue slaying, adventuring or even drinking some of that tasty rye, then do it here.

Moderator: KM3K

DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Children of the Nile

Post by DataAngel »

I installed the demo today and played through the first tutorial map. I must say that the game is quite involved, but not too bad once you play for a couple of hours.

If you are a fan of the Settlers series, you will most likely love this game, as it seems to play VERY similar to those games. Its not like SimCity with a budget etc. its simply about striving to make a thriving city with workers and a real economy, not just making a few bucks so you can build another police station or a park.

The graphics are pretty good, but there are some strange issues with them nonetheless. I did notice that in the demo that some workers were picking dates from a tree that happened to be about 100 feet away in scale to the peoples height. This doesn't really ruin the game however it is rather bad. Now had this game been something other than a city building game I would have SERIOUS issues with this, however in a game like this where in makes NO difference where they are or if they even exist, its nice to see your people out doing the jobs they are assigned to, whether it be farmer, or brick layer, etc. There is a 1.1 patch out which may fix many of those small things, which is much better than I can say for Vampire: Bloodlines which is buggy as crap and theres not likely ANYWAY to fix those issues with a patch.

I'd recommend this to anyone that LOVES egypt themed stuff and enjoyed the settler series of games. Go download the demo if you aren't sure... http://www.immortalcities.com