TZL access trouble

If you must talk about something that isn't about grue slaying, adventuring or even drinking some of that tasty rye, then do it here.

Moderator: KM3K

DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

TZL access trouble

Post by DrPaul »

I just wante to mention some access problems I'm having with TZL and the TZL Message board. I haven't been able to access TZL all week.

Apparently, the problem has to do with at least one of the servers in the path between my computer and the TZL server. The routing my Comcast connection fails. So I tried getting there via my Eartlink dial-up, assuming that would choose a different route, but that failed to.

Now, the only way I seem to be able to get through is from my wireless connection via my PalmPilot.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: TZL access trouble

Post by DataAngel »

Sorry for the trouble, I have changed my router to a wireless router and had some trouble, but I noticed the issues about 2 weeks or so prior when I was trying to play a game of COOP Splinter Cell 3 and my connection kept dying on me. It gets really bad here and there but I am pretty sure its Comcast, as I had this trouble before the new router... I plan to call Comcast and complain, because this has been going on a while now.

Sorry for the inconvienence.
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by DrPaul »

Here's some more information that may be useful and may indicate that the problem is at my end:

I tried logging in from my cousin's computer, who is a couple of miles away and is also on Comcast.  We got through to TZL ok.  But he was using Internet Explorer.  

So I came home and tried accessing TZL through IE, and it connected.  Then I tried one of my Mozilla browsers (on which Netscape is based) and that worked also.  So then I tried Netscape, and it wouldn't connect.  But then I tried using Netscape again, but with a different user profile and it connected.  Then I closed all of the browsers, and launched Netscape again but with my normal user profile and it connected again.

So it seems like something in my browser, associated with my default profile got 'set', and only when I completely closed Netscape did it reset because I didn't manually make any changes to the profile, but now it works.

What's weird is that all the time that I couldn't get into TZL, I was able to connect everywhere esle normally.  

I've no idea what actually happened or if it has anything to do with Comcast or not.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Again I will say though that comcast has been giving me toruble so thats more than likely why it wasnt working. Also for a short time i turned the server off so i could play a game online only to find out that communistcast was booting the net connection.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Well I was able to finish that SC3 mission after 2 hours... the connection was on the entire time lol. I wonder if things are fixed with Comcast then?
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by DrPaul »

SC3 mission?  What's that?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Splinter Cell 3