Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson!!

If you must talk about something that isn't about grue slaying, adventuring or even drinking some of that tasty rye, then do it here.

Moderator: KM3K

DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson!!

Post by DataAngel »

This book... OMFG. I think it is just about the best book I have read. If you have not read it, do read it, cause I said so. I have been pondering the thought that it could be an amazing movie if done right. I have already been imaginging what actors and directors would be right to do this movie and bring it justice. I'll post the info. below and update this post instead of posting new ones. BTW I am only halfway through the book, so please no spoilers!!

Looks like I should explain the book, since few people seemed to have read it. It takes place in the future and is a sci-fi, however the places they mention do exist. They mention California, the Bay Area, L.A., Compton, fast food franchises. Snow Crash is a new virus, more information on that you'll have to read in the book. They throw in a bit of history too, which is fascinating. I don't want to give to much of the story away, save the main char. Hiro Protagonist carries swords(samurai) in real life and in the Metaverse. At the beginning of the book he works for Cosa Nostra Pizza, a mafia run franchise by Uncle Enzo. He is called the Deliverator, the pizza deliveries have to be done in 30min. or less or there is hell to pay and people sue the company etc. Pizza delivery is so important that there is an L.E.D. readout on the pizza boxes that count down and the cars have flashing lights to tell would be passerbys to get the crap out of the way, even Metacops do not mess with them or stop them because the consequences of a failed delivery are so catastrophic.

What are your thoughts on the book? Who do you think would be good for the roles? Try to match the characters traits to an actor/actress that would do it justice. Some of the below may not be important or in the book long enough to require some known actor to play their role.

Composers:
Directors:
Hiro Protagonist:
Y.T.:
Uncle Enzo:
Da5id:
Juanita Marquez:
Raven:
Jason Breckinridge:
Sushi K:
The Librarian:
Gino:
Glass Eye:
L. Bob Rife:
Vitaly Chernobly:
Lagos:
Mr. Caruso:
Ng:

(I'll add more as I remember or come across them)
Last edited by DataAngel on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGenerator
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Re: Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson!!

Post by DiamondGenerator »

You might want to add a slot for a possible composer to the list along with the directors--I'm a soundtrack freak. :)

I'll be sure to look into this book; from the sound of you, it must be good!
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson!!

Post by Siriusstar »

What is this about? I'm always looking for new books to read.