ZGI read/write error

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

catherineedwards
A white house, what?

ZGI read/write error

Post by catherineedwards »

Please help! I installed ZGI on my Vista system using install guide from this board. The game opens and I get the propaganda segment, but when I get the to actual game, the message "general read/write error. Press Enter to exit program" appears.

Thanks for any help!,

Catherine
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: ZGI read/write error

Post by DataAngel »

You said you followed the guide, are you running the game off the hdd or off the discs? It sounds like theres a problem reading from the discs while its trying to load a file, double check that you followed the how-to exactly and repost if that solves the problem.
catherineedwards
A white house, what?

Post by catherineedwards »

Ithanks for your reply. I'm running the game from my hard disk. All I've been able to think of is that possibly my old disks are corrupted. Does this sound right?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

If the files copied from the discs and there was no error then it should be fine, I doubt the discs just up and decided to get corrupted. ;D Id recommend you follow my howto and try it again, to make certain you did not miss a step. Please let me know if you come across an error during that process, because who knows maybe the discs did get corrupted. You may also want to check to make sure the files are not set for use by the 'administrator' and 'everyone' is in the list as well as your login name.