ZGI artwork

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Lyril
A white house, what?

ZGI artwork

Post by Lyril »

Inside the cover of the ZGI manual is an Official Strategy guide, which containssome interesting-looking items, including original/unused artwork.

I've been hunting for this guide for ages, including ebay, without success.  Has anyone seen it, or know how I could see these files (just for interest)
Also, how do I capture an image from this or Nemesis to use as wallpaper?  The manuals don't tell me.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: ZGI artwork

Post by Nemesis »

I believe I have the guide you are speaking of, got it at Electronics Boutique ages ago (before I actually bought ZGI) for roughly 89 cents. Quite a steal. I'll look for this "original/unused artwork," but I don't think there's that much of it. I can scan some of it tomorrow and see if it's what you're looking for. It isn't for sale however (isn't really in sellable condition anyway).
Lyril
A white house, what?

Post by Lyril »

Thanks for the reply.  We never seem to get guides like that here in Australia, unless ordered from o/s.

There are some lovely locations in both ZGI and ZN and I was going to use some as wallpaper.  Then I wondered what the unused artwork would be like.

Lyril
A white house, what?

Post by Lyril »

Many thanks.  I'd love to see them
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

Here are a couple links I have come across. There doesn't seem to be much out there, unfortunately.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/ddiary ... 32697.html

http://www.cdmag.com/adventure_vault/zo ... shot1.html

I recently bought the strategy guide on eBay. If you keep looking, you'll probably find one; they come up sporadically. There are a few neat concept sketches, but the best part was the quite extensive backstory.  
Lyril
A white house, what?

Post by Lyril »

Thanks.  I had hoped the 'unused artwork' was more than just concept sketches, interesting as they are.    I'll keep looking - the backstory sounds good.
brian0918
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by brian0918 »

There might be something you're looking for here:
http://www.gue-network.com/pages/activi ... kaging.htm

Check all the different links at the top.
Lyril
A white house, what?

Post by Lyril »

Thanks so much for that.  So ZGI was re-released on DVD a few months later?  How dare they!!  I wonder what the patch was for.
What a great site this is.  Lots of screenies, artwork, - everything really (except for a new game!)
Lyril
A white house, what?

Post by Lyril »

Thanks so much for that.  So ZGI was re-released on DVD a few months later?  How dare they!!  I wonder what the patch was for.
What a great site this is.  Lots of screenies, artwork, - everything really (except for a new game!)

And I've just realized: I did not ever get an Encyclopaedia Frobozzica when I bought RTZ all those years ago.  Downloading it now.
Again, - thanks.