Hey everyone...!

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Jeni
A white house, what?

Hey everyone...!

Post by Jeni »

;D Wow... I'm impressed to find a Zork Forum... ;D

I'll admit, I have severe insomnia - so I decided to go trawling the 'net for stuff about childhood games, and Zork naturally assumed first place (along with Space Quest and King's Quest ;) ;D).

Uh, have vaguely played some of the original trilogy - but haven't finished, and only in recent years. Started off with Return to Zork (of which I have very fond memories... especially the music - LOL!). Favourite one has to be GI, though. ;D It's the humour that makes me love it (same with SQ6, actually... hmmm...).

Favourite non-Zork old games would have to be SQ and KQ. More recent ones... well, I'm an HL-slut. Love the game and it's expansion packs passionately. HL2 rocked so greatly. ;D
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Hey everyone...!

Post by DataAngel »

Welcome!

I personally like Nemesis the most, and since it was the first one of them I played that may be why. I loved SQ6! You should try the Kyrandia games, those are very well done. And you like HL, excellent! I've played HL2, its not as good as HL1, but its still great, I also haven't played HL2 online yet, so I still wonder how that is compared to HL1 multiplayer.
brian0918
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by brian0918 »

I started off with Wishbringer back in middle school when we were supposed to be learning keyboarding.  Then when we got our first computer, my friend lent me all of his games including Return to Zork, some sorta Monty Python game, and a really boring Dennis Miller "list of spoken jokes".  Needless to say, I got hooked on Return to Zork.

Oh, and welcome! ;D
Last edited by brian0918 on Thu May 26, 2005 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by DrPaul »

Hey Jeni,
Good to see some new blood.  
When you said you played the Zork trilogy, I first thoug ht you meant the original text adventurer, Zork I, II, and III.
You should check them out.  They are available for download at various places on the web - or try the new Zork game (see post: Finally, a new Zork game.)
Jeni
A white house, what?

Post by Jeni »

Yep, the ol' text adventures. I have them on my PC at home (currently at Uni) - but haven't got around to playing them. :-[