Petition

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Nomad
A white house, what?

Petition

Post by Nomad »

Can you think of any other way to kick Activision's asses to consider developing a new Zork game? Any email addresses of responsible managers? A feedback site to molest them? With a short browse I didn't find anything.
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Petition

Post by JDS »

'fraid that is a little too late :\ there was a petition around, but I don't know where it is. I guess going to there HQ and busting around would help (and it would be very, *very* satisfying)
Last edited by JDS on Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

The petition is still around you can get to it from my main zork page.
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

there you go :D
Nomad
A white house, what?

Post by Nomad »

Yeah I signed the petition right away when I found this page.

The Activision Germany support is quite fast with answering. When I asked about the future of Zork they answered just a few hours later:
Für die nächsten Monate ist da leider nichts geplant. Das bedeutet aber nicht, dass es niemals eine weiteren Teil geben wird.
Nothing is planned for the next months. But that doesn't mean that there's never gonna be another part.

A personal answer (spelling error), but probably just some hotline dumbass who doesn't know a shit...

BF3 was created due to commercial success of BF2 and consequent pestering by fans. Currently a heap of adventures is released - due to an increasing demand and commercial success (BF3, Runaway, Syberia). Am I too optimistic when I dream of a small chance to get these Activision nerds to at least think about another...?
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

Nothing is planned for the next months. But that doesn't mean that there's never gonna be another part.
Hmm, they might as well say: "and if you're feeling depressed, you can allways remember that the sky is blue, ey?"..
Nomad
A white house, what?

Post by Nomad »

Yeah right but I guess you know what I mean anyway - without a nerve-racking fan base Sam'n'Max 2 surely wouldn't be in development. Pity that no-one does that for Zork.
Savannah
A white house, what?

Post by Savannah »

Was the petition ever sent?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

No. It doesn't even have 1000 names on it, and they could easily just look at it online.
Not_Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

Well now it does have 1000 names on it, but they could still just look at it online
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

well they won't care unless they have 10,000 names... 1000 copies sold is not enough to make them money. :-{
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by DrPaul »

Gosh.  All this time and only 1000 signatures?  It's better if ActiVision doesn't see it.  That would discourage them.

In order to get 10,000+ names, it will require an *active* effort to get them.  Maybe even standing on street corners or going door-to-door and asking strangers to sign.  That's the way most petitions get signed.

Short of SPAMMING a million people with a link to the petition, I don't know what else to try.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

lol yay spam!
Nomad
A white house, what?

Post by Nomad »

Laird M. Malamed wrote:
At this time, there is no plans for another Zork.
To be expected, but still :( :( :(