Adventures in Zork

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Aussie_Zork_Fan
A white house, what?

Adventures in Zork

Post by Aussie_Zork_Fan »

I am currently designing a pen-and-paper system based on Zork. If anyone is interested in working on this project with me, post your interests here and I'll work out who does what.

Things needed so far:
- Map of Zork including RTZ, ZN and ZGI locations.
- Spell Checker system
- A list of important people (eg Boos, Rebecca Snoot)
- Item and weapon lists (costs etc can be worked later)
- class and race system (plan to have trolls as a race)

Any and all help will be appreciated and credit will be given when my site is up and running.

I recently sent an email to Activision inquiring about the rights to publish this RPG if it becomes popular enough. I have yet to get a reply from them.
Last edited by Aussie_Zork_Fan on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aussie_Zork_Fan
A white house, what?

Re: Adventures in Zork

Just letting you know that the system is almost finished. If anyone is interested, I am more than happy to host the files of my website and create links here.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Sure you can create a link to TZL. As for hosting you lost me...
Aussie_Zork_Fan
A white house, what?

What I meant was that if people were interested, I will type it up (as it's only written roughly on paper atm) and post the links to the files here. They will be hosted on my website.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Up to you really, typing it all up seems pointless if they can just d/l the files. Give me a URL and I can link to the files OR I can host them as well.
Aussie_Zork_Fan
A white house, what?

My forums are up and running, though still under construction. Feel free to join and help out with rules and the like.

I'm adding a GM section soon (also known as the Dungeon Master section) which you need to apply for. This will allow fellow DMs to discuss their campaign and rule ideas as well as give advice.

The website is: http://s10.invisionfree.com/Adventures_ ... /index.php <--(modified to be clickable... DAT)
Last edited by DataAngel on Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aussie_Zork_Fan
A white house, what?

Please join, here are some of the features:
1. Forum based RPG, post when you want to.
2. Guilds to join for each class
3. Be a Grue, Troll, Fairy or Human
4. Stay at Foozle Bay Apartments in the homely town of Port Foozle.
5. Visit major Zork landmarks such as the Forest of the Spirits, Flood Control Dam #3 (now destroyed) and GUE Tech.
6. Cast the spells from ZGI as well as many other spells.
brian0918
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by brian0918 »

Please be patient.  The Zork Library is the most "active" zork-related place on the internet; it'll take some time for your site to get even infrequent users.

I've added a link to your forum in the Wikipedia entry for Zork, which should increase traffic.  How does your forum work?

Also, if you want maps and images and other fun stuff, check out:
http://www.gue-network.com

(although it looks like I ate up his bandwidth downloading game box covers to put on Wikipedia)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork
Last edited by brian0918 on Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aussie_Zork_Fan
A white house, what?

My forum is set up to run an ongoing post-based RPG. You can either apply to become a DM to start your own campaign, or join my current campaign.

i am stil working out some of the rules, but it works fine at the moment. You create a character using the rules in the Basic Rules section and you can begin posting when I approve your character.

You get yor own 'character box' where you can post your character's details, which will be password protected. Any help to improve the site will be considered.