Zork fanart

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Zork fanart

Post by DataAngel »

Nice one. :-}
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

Funny! And perfectly suited to the game, too.
DiamondGenerator
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by DiamondGenerator »

One of the reasons I enjoy the Zork series is that they are often very like to my sense of humor. :)
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

Here's my latest Zork-related commission. From Z:GI. Brynna, after long looking for Dalboz, finds him in the most unlikely of places.  

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56438893/

I have more on the way!
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Ah, very nice indeed.
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

And another commission. This one from the 'Dream of the maiden' in Enchanter: http://uminomamori.livejournal.com/292778.html?#cutid2

They're my way of celebrating Zork's 30th birthday. :) I've got one more coming (for now), from my beloved Spellbreaker.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Very nice. :-D
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

Here is my Spellbreaker commission!  This takes place in the meadow off the 'Magic' cube. I used some 'artistic license' in my description as there were no rocks mentioned in that scene. It just looked better for Chrys to be sitting on a rock instead of sitting on the magic carpet in the grass as I always envisioned him doing.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60674330/

I like it this way now. I can see the rock as an ancient altar, giving it a deeper connection to the 'Magic' cube.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Very nice indeed. Except isn't there only one cube of foundation? and isnt it larger?
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

Ah you mustn't have played Spellbreaker yet! You're in for a treat when you do. There are thirteen cubes of foundation in Spellbreaker that are gathered during the game, plus three (IIRC) that the enemy already has.  There is one for each of the fundamental building blocks of the world, not just magic. They are always described as 'small' in the game. The overlarge cube in Z:GI is an example of Activision not paying attention to existing canon.  ::)

Spellbreaker is my favorite of all the games in the Zork universe. It is evilly hard, but brilliantly written.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

hmmm.. i feel stooopid. :-X
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by DrPaul »

Spellbreaker is my favorite of all the games in the Zork universe. It is evilly hard, but brilliantly written.  
I thought Spellbreaker was just too darn hard to be enjoyable.  But you're right.  It was Evilly difficult.
Not_Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

I'm doing a complete overhaul of the thing I posted two years ago.  Now it'll have exterior shots as well

I also found a real White House
DiamondGenerator
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by DiamondGenerator »

Nnnice! We should make a little photo album of things in real life that look like they could be from Zork. And are you going to add color to the computer generated one?

After seeing these, I might just have to post a little comic I drew up recently starring the Dungeon Master and 69,105 theater seats... I just need some encouragement to finally fix it up on my compy. ;)
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

The model house looks great so far, but I see progress has been tough on the poor white house. lol.

A Quendorian photo album would be great! Several years ago, my mother showed a house (She is a Realtor.) that looked just like the famous white house. It was out in the country on a dirt road, sitting perfectly in a field surrounded by a forest.

One of my favorite 'metaphysical' shops embodies the description of the boutique in Beyond Zork... possessing perfectly 'an atmosphere of taste and calm conducive to reckless spending.'

C'mon and post the comic, DiamondGenerator! We need more Zork fanworks. :)