I got one!

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Reaver

I got one!

Post by Reaver »

I actually got one!  It's more beautiful than I ever imagined.  It cost me roughly $77 (including shipping), but I got ahold of the Zork Trilogy, and therefore am now the owner of one Zorkmid coin worth an entire zorkmid!  This was one of my most sought-after items of all time, especially since I was too young to care when the text adventures came out, but I finally got one.
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: I got one!

Post by DrPaul »

Wow!  That's impressive.  I am jealous.

Post some pictures of the Zorkmid.

What kind of media and format are the games on?
Do you plan to play or replay the text games, for old-times sake?
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

Congratulations. It is a very cool little prop. 8-) $77 is not a bad price for the Zork Trilogy. It is close to what I paid about ten years ago, IIRC. Most I see on eBay now go for at least $100.
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

Haven't checked the disk since I don't have a computer that has that kind of drive.  Basically, it's the old black actually floppy floppy disk.  As for playing the games, I do have the Zork Anthology and Infocom Masterpieces Collection, but the Zork Trilogy is now the only game I own that was actually published by Infocom.

As soon as I can, I'll put up some pictures of the coin and box set, as well as the Zorkian Adventurer costume I'm wearing to DragonCon.  My sister's going as a Zorkian Enchantress.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

I'm jealous... and you must be pretty young to be calling an old floppy diskette a floppy floppy...

It's either a 5.25" or 8" im pretty sure its the 5.25" though... unless you mean the 3.5"
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

Well, to give you an idea of my age, I was born in '83 (making me 25), so Zork is a few years older than me.  Return to Zork was my first game in the series, but after getting the text adventures later, I was hooked for life.  I used the older-style floppy disks, but I was too young at the time to learn the terms for them.

That's one of the reasons the Trilogy was such a special purchase for me, as now I actually own an Infocom release, rather than just the Activision rereleases.
zorket
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by zorket »

ACK!  ACK-ACK-ACK!!!!  It's a baby zorkian!!!  Wow....my kids (your age) call me the 'ubernerd' for my zorkian activity.   :o

zorket