Zork Art

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

The Lensman

Zork Art

Post by The Lensman »

I'm working on a couple of Zork pic's, some landscapes, and was wondering if this site, or another site would display them?
While I'm not as regular here as most others, I'd like to help promote Zork and give to the community.
Basse
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Zork Art

Post by Basse »

Well, we are making this new Zork game, and we are stuck in the moment 'cos we are waiting for people to do some game art. I don't think it would hurt to have some other art to inspire us. In fact we could use it for the game. But that's DAT's decission.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

yeah we could use some art to inspire us and SURE I will support you and any one else interested in this fine game series

that just means I might have to add another section to the library heh.
Last edited by DataAngel on Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

I just read that you're looking for some people to do some of the game art, and I would love to!

Zork was 'my' (well - for the feeling anyway) game when I was young (I still am actualy, I'm 14), and I'm replaying it a lot lately. Since I played Zork I am addicted to adventure games - and right now I'm creating one!

::) like I said before, I would love to make some of the game scenes... I hope you still need some gamedesigners!

I have some real experience with 3Ds Max - too bad my site isn't online yet (please don't totemize me), but I could mail you some pic's I've created (is it possible to insert an image in one of these reply's?), but do tell if I'm getting anoying.

Oh yeah, thoose early pic's of the game - what programs where they created with? I didn't have the chance to download the trailer yet but I'm going to download it soon.

:) Please reply quickly. Or don't. 'Cos I'm not the boss of you. ;)
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

MOEHAHAHAHAHA! I'm a member now! I'll be able to send pic's when I like to! Moeha... sorry.  ;D

Here's one of my pic's, hope you like it (and sorry that it isn't really zorky):.. ...and it's so big.
Last edited by JDS on Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drex_ej
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by drex_ej »

very nice, what did you make it in?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

yes very nice picture...
Not_Afgncaap5

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

Uh, you're hired?
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

I'm actualy quite stupid by asking you in what you made it, but not telling mine.  :-/

I made this pic in 3Ds Max (4.0), and in fact I'm not hired (got something to do with being 14).

I you would like to I could make some scenes more Zork style for you to see - just tell me what kind of a scene it should be, as long as it doesn't include people (I can make people, but that will take weeks to do it good  ;)), and I'll make it as fast as I can!

Sorry I can't reply quickly, but this is because of the time diference; I'm getting up (at least I "attempt" to get up) when it's night over by you :).

-JDS.
Last edited by JDS on Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

hmm okay well to see what you can do, do a picture that involves a house, slightly victorian and dark. Around it should be a few trees, slightly dead and a nice little path to the front door.
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Zork Art -- I'm on it...

Post by JDS »

:) Yo, I'm on it... Don't know when I'm finished, but hopefully soon!..  :D Hmm... Slightly white house, eh ;)?... Possible; 'cos the white house isn't distructed in 1069 GUE yet - if I remember well it was closed by then anyway.

As soon as I got some pic's of you're victorian house, I'll post them here!!!
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

awesome thanks, I asked for that because we have decided thats about what style we want a section of the game to look like, mainly houses etc, trees, its not meant to be too dark, just different, mainly victorian but slightly modern as well.
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

:o

Hi there, I've been working on you're Victorian house, and it ain't easy. I've jut finished drawing it, so I'll have it finished this weekend I think. Just as a warning; the house I'm going to create is meant to be looked at from a distance, things like the briks and such don't look very good in close-up (and offcourse it doesn't have an inside) - hope that's not a problem.
I'm off to 3Ds max »»»...

-JDS
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

The inside is not a problem, just want to see how well it looks and how long it takes for something we will probably need done.
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

The first image of a Victorian house!..

Post by JDS »

;) I changed my icon in a little status-bar for 'ya all to see my progress...

I expect to be finished this weekend!..

The picture you see below is the version of the house I've got now - don't worry; I know it doesn't look well, but to assure you; 2 victorian floors await to be put on, and of course the dead trees are coming (who are going to be a real pain in the ass)... Hmm, and I think the stairs won't stay purple :).

(Those rectangles below are in fact basement windows).
Last edited by JDS on Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.