Stardust

If you must talk about something that isn't about grue slaying, adventuring or even drinking some of that tasty rye, then do it here.

Moderator: KM3K

DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Stardust

Post by DrPaul »

I was wondering if any of you guys have seen the recent movie "Stardust."  I'm fairly certain that SiriusStar has seen it because it looks so much like her drawings, it should be right up her alley.  

Anyway, I've seen it twice already.  I thought it was really cool, a bit Zorkish and something that would probably appeal to most of you Zork fans, so I figured I would mention it and give it a high recommendation.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Stardust

Post by DataAngel »

I wasn't sure about it or not, but now that you mention it, I'll make a point to check out the trailer and maybe go see it.
Thanks.
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

You're right, Dr. Paul, I loved it! :)  I saw it with a friend on opening night. I saw the preview in front of the Fantastic Four movie and knew I HAD to see it.

There was a ton to love about this movie. It was well-paced, lovely to look at and nicely acted and cast. The story was sweetly romantic, without being trite or saccharine, smart without being arrogant and adventuresome without too much need to suspend disbelief. It was seamless in a way that books-into-movies almost never are. (I admit that it likely helps that it was a short story. Much as it did with 'The Illusionist.') The atmosphere is great and subtly fantastical. This is not a big, bangy, in-your-face movie, but a delightfully well-crafted one. I loved the ending, too.  

It was a bit Zorkish, wasn't it? Humor mixed with dire circumstances and magical quirkiness. It certainly reminded me of my own story on a few occasions.
jhonsadins
A white house, what?

Post by jhonsadins »

Hi there..
Stardust is definitely a very entertaining movie. It is simply not the great film that could have been.