Another RTZ Thread

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

Reaver

Another RTZ Thread

Post by Reaver »

Okay.  I have been trying to get RTZ to run on my computer.  I have looked at the previous threads on this topic, but nothing seems to help.  I've tried the following:

Compatability mode (doesn't work)
Run the game (movies play, to fast, no sound)
DosBox (no movies, sound is wonky)
DosBox with D-Fend (stops just before intro movie)
DosBox with Daemon (no difference)
Run with Daemon (no difference)

Can anyone give any further suggestions for getting this to run?  My computer runs on Windows XP, for those who need to know.  And yes, I rememberd to mount the CD-Rom drive when using DosBox.
Last edited by Reaver on Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Another RTZ Thread

Post by DataAngel »

sound should work fine in DosBox if you set it up properly, if you did the sound could be weird because the cpu cycles are either to fast or to slow. So use CTRL+F11/F12 to decrease/increase the cpu cycles. Movies should play so long as the drive is mounted properly. The game is running off of the CD?
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

The game is the CD version.  It has been loaded to my computer, but the CD is still in the drive and I have the CD drive mounted as well just to make sure because I have read you need that in order for the movies to run.  I'll try the speed-up/down thing later today.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Also you can try copying the entire CD to a folder and specifying that in the games ini file if there is one or telling dosbox to load that as the cd drive.