rtz help!

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

gitty
A white house, what?

rtz help!

Post by gitty »

i am a thousand times sorry if this was posted before! i looked and didn't quite find anything that helped.

i installed rtz on my win95 or 98 (i'm not even sure) computer.  so i didn't know any of the things to put for the customizing bit.  

i just put sound blaster compatable for both options.  the cd asked me to do something with the a drive and then the b drive before letting me tell it my cd is in the d drive.

i tried to play and alas, no sound.  then when the orb came on....i waited....and waited....and waited....i had to ctrl alt delete.  

i really hope what i said makes sense...my brain is a little fried lately....  i am COMPLETELY computer clueless so if someone could explain to me how to play this game...that would be AWESOME!
brian0918
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Re: rtz help!

Post by brian0918 »

Yeah, the sound is a real problem.  You probably want to try getting a program like VDMSound or DOSBox to get the sound working.  I got it to work once, but haven't been able to since.
ezekiel
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by ezekiel »

ive got profiles for doxbox (with d-fend or something like that) on the gue-network that include the best settings that worked for me.
MacCentris
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by MacCentris »

Yeah, the sound is a real problem.  You probably want to try getting a program like VDMSound or DOSBox to get the sound working.  I got it to work once, but haven't been able to since.
This thread is long old.  But I had the same problem with my PC before I could get it to work.  The person didn't say she is running Win 2000 or XP so forget about those.  Assuming she is running Windows 95 (that's what it sounded like) I suggest, install Windows 98 and the pain will be inmediately gone.  In Win 95 it is very difficult to configure the sound card, and you may not get it to work at all.  Win 98 should run it with no problems, assuming you choose the right CD drive and the right Sound card.  To solve this problem if I didn't know what type of soundcard I had, I'd choose each ONE by ONE until one worked.

Make sure to install the project file to disk.

Also run it THROUGH windows, ITS THE ONLY WAY to get that soundcard to work, I tried running it through DOS mode and EVEN a boot floppy with all the correct configurations!  IT DID NOT WORK!  :(

The game might be a little slower through Windows but it works all the way.  Hope that helps.
sarha210
A white house, what?

Post by sarha210 »

I want to run RTZ on XP, does anyone know if it will work, I haven't tried to play it since I had 95.
MacCentris
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by MacCentris »

Yes, although sound was a little jumpy on mine but try it, you must however follow the instructions to the letter on this page:
http://home.earthlink.net/~infernofilec ... _setup.htm
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

I have RTZ installed in Win2k and it runs just fine, I use DosBox to emulate the DOS environment using 0.65 right now and videos and movement etc. are all fine.