More Zork Nemesis XP problems

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

beaveman
A white house, what?

More Zork Nemesis XP problems

Post by beaveman »

I'm having trouble getting Zork Nemesis to run on my computer.  I've tried the previous methods suggested, tried '95 compatibility mode, tried running it with VDMS, etc.  Every time I get the same problem.  The opening sequence is black, but I hear sound.  Then the opening scene shows up (More, Play, Exit, etc.) but my mouse cursor does not appear.  I can get it to appear only at the very top edge of the screen, allowing me to select Quit.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: More Zork Nemesis XP problems

Post by DataAngel »

This is very odd... I am not sure what the exact cause is. I run XP and it runs fine, minus the fast panning speeds. I simply installed it and it runs. I can only ask what brand videocard you have, not that it should matter. But it runs fine on my Nvidia 7800GT using the 93.71 drivers on DX9c. Also what settings are you running XP? Do you have it running using all of the 3d accelerated features in displaying your desktop? Either try turning them all on, I believe it was under "themes" or disabling them all" it is probably a 2d overlay on 3d from within the OS not Zork.