Patches for Nemesis

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Patches for Nemesis

Post by DrPaul »

I've tried most of the advice on the threads for running Nemesis on XP.   One of the posts has a link to Inferno's page for installing Nemesis.  On his page, he suggests installing the Graphics Patch and the Subtitle Patch and provides links to both.  The problem is, both patches are exactly the same.  They are both actually the Subtitle Patch.  Does anyone actually have the Graphics Patch?

I don't know what the Graphics Patch is supposed to do, but I hope it will help with where I'm stuck.  

I've gotten through the Conservatory, the Sanitarium, the Monistary and all but the last step in Iron Dune.  I've gotten as far as cooling the metal, but the game crashes when I touch it to finish the sequence.  Sometimes it crashes before then.

I've got an old computer that is running Win98, and tried moving my saved game to there, but it still crashes.  I'm thinking that maybe it needs some kind of patch.  Does anyone know where all the patches are and if any of the patches affect this section of the game?

Alternatively, does someone have a saved game that begins right after the last metal is completed?  

Unfortunately, if I remember correctly, a movie starts right away with all of the alchemists restored and also includes flashback scene where they all are killed by the Nemesis.  I'll probably have to miss that scene :( .  But at least, maybe I can finish the game.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by DrPaul on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Patches for Nemesis

Post by DataAngel »

To be honest, I don't know of such a patch. And I have a good set of saves.
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Patches for Nemesis

Post by DrPaul »

Many moons ago I tried playing Nemesis on my XP laptop (after using copying the CDs to the hard disk and editing the zix file.)  It played great, except for a crash in the later parts of Iron Dune.  

Today, I was fooling around and set the compatibility mode for Win95 in the shortcut parameters.  After that, I restored the game to the place where it was crashing and was able to play all the way through without a crash.  

So, I can't say this will work for everyone, but if you are having a problem with the game crashing when you're trying to process the metal in the desert lab near Iron Dune, maybe this is all you have to do.

It worked for me, anyways.