ZGI Error: File not in index. Press Enter to Exit game.

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

taniquel
A white house, what?

ZGI Error: File not in index. Press Enter to Exit game.

Post by taniquel »

I have installed ZGI according to the instructions on this website. All went well, until I passed the gates of hell. I went to pick up Brog's Totem, and I heard his voice and saw his introductory clip, but then his totem never appeared in my inventory. Next, I stepped over to the time tunnel, cast Narwile on it, then Yastard on the dragon totem, which I already had, and I receive the following error (this is the water world, with the guy living in the whale's belly):

Error: File not in index. Press Enter to Exit game.

However, upon closer inspection, I saw that I had a second ZGI directory nested inside my original one.. i.e. C:\Games\ZGI-CD\ZGI, complete with another set of program files and another zgiwin.exe. I copied the entire contents of this into C:\Games\ZGI-CD, then renamed it 'gobbledeeygook'. This corrected the issue. I am posting this in case anyone else gets this error in the hopes it will come up in google for them.
taniquel
A white house, what?

Re: ZGI Error: File not in index. Press Enter to Exit game

Post by taniquel »

It must be noted, that as soon as I did this, all the music in the game disappeared. Considering the music is one of my favorite parts of the game, I will continue tweaking and see if I can get it to come back again.