Zork 3D Remake, (Need to know if is a good idea) PLZ Support

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

Parzival
A white house, what?

Zork 3D Remake, (Need to know if is a good idea) PLZ Support

Post by Parzival »

Me and 2 friends have become fans of Zork after playing it (as it was mentioned in Ready Player One), and we collaboratively decided to remake the old game in a full HD first person (and possibly co-op) free game. I am planning to add some new mechanics that will not change the game, but make it more interesting when ported with graphics. I am new to code, but will be using blueprint on the Unreal Engine to make it work. It will now be finished for probably over a year to 2 years, but I hope that it comes to fruition. I hope my fellow Zork players will and accept the idea of Zork I: The Great Underground Empire to be remade without violating the integrity and spirit of the game.

I have the source code as reference and someone to supply me with real life 3D scans. Plus there will be a custom soundtrack reminiscent of older games like Gauntlet, Castlevania, etc.

I hope you'll support this.

P.S. This is more of a concept now, but will gain progress by december.
KM3K
TZL Administrator
TZL Administrator

Re: Zork 3D Remake, (Need to know if is a good idea) PLZ Sup

Post by KM3K »

I'd love to see/hear more as the game develops and would be happy to test any builds of the game as it is developed.

Since Unreal Engine is now cross-platform, please consider making builds for Mac OS X and Linux since a number of this website's users use those operating systems.

Good luck with your work! :-)