A Real Computer!

If you must talk about something that isn't about grue slaying, adventuring or even drinking some of that tasty rye, then do it here.

Moderator: KM3K

Andy
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

A Real Computer!

Post by Andy »

Yee-hah!

One of my relatives decided they wanted a computer. Apparently, their 486 is no good for them any more. And after I convinced them they'd never sell it, it's coming to meeeeee!

Forget trying to run RTZ on XP. Forget the my AMD Athlon is so fast that I can't solve a pixel perfect puzzle in Nemesis (the one where the rotate the man on the door to the 5 O'Clock position in Agrippa). A 486. Running DOS! Wheee....

I personally think that picking up a 486 would solve most people's problems. Or, a P90 so they can run ZGI as well, but I don't think ZGI has probs on XP...
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: A Real Computer!

Post by DataAngel »

lol... im actually building a newer pc and am trying to sell my 1.6ghz... but a 486! woot!
brian0918
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by brian0918 »

RTZ used to work on my computer, but I wasn't able to get it or Nemesis working recently.  Our old 486 is in the basement somewhere... maybe it still has a use??? :D
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Right on... I went through this phase about 6months ago... I call it the 'old school phase' I played Kyrandia 2 & 3, I played the original System Shock, I played through Tyrian 2x, I played a little Double Dragon. I just enjoyed the good times of old games. I played through tons of them, it was well worth it and what better time now that tons of good NEW games are coming out.
brian0918
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by brian0918 »

Yeah, that happens to me a lot, and since I haven't gotten any new games in a long time (since halflife?), it'll probably just keep coming back.  For me, it's the old zork games, the myst games, mission critical, halflife and mods (CS, TFC), Quake2 CTF and Rail Arena (my most recent endeavor)...

I really want to be able to play HL2, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen for a while.
Andy

Post by Andy »

I think older games are harder, and more challenging.

As an example for a latest (ish) game that got rave reviews, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I completed that in 6 hours.

Even now I can't do the original game. Never could, I doubt I ever will...
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

LOL, the original was CRAZY hard haha.