Downtime...

If you must talk about something that isn't about grue slaying, adventuring or even drinking some of that tasty rye, then do it here.

Moderator: KM3K

DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Downtime...

Post by DataAngel »

Sorry my water pump died, just replaced it and I am up and running again.
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Downtime...

Post by DrPaul »

Everytime the site goes down I get worried that it's never coming back.  Glad to see you back online.  
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Geesh you guys all worry too much. I even got an email from someone asking why they couldn't d/l anything. LOL You guys... believe me if I was going out permanently you'd know about it far in advance. I recently just paid for another 5 years on my domain name and I have my DNS service for another 1.5 years. My server software doesn't seem very stable at times, probably due to DOS attacks etc. so it crashes sometimes, but no worries I am still alive and well.

Thanks for the concern though. :-}
DiamondGenerator
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by DiamondGenerator »

Same here as the Doctor. I just checked here, wondering again, futilely, why bad things happen to good boards, and to my surprise, there it was! Glad you're back.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Never fear, I'll never be gone for good. I may be out if my server software dies and I am out of town, but I'd be back at some point.
James_Juno

Post by James_Juno »

That's good.  That's the thing about Zork, too---goes on vacations once in awhile but always seems to find its way home.

I've finally learned to stop uninstalling the Zork games from my computer.
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by DrPaul »

"I've finally learned to stop uninstalling the Zork games from my computer."

That's funny.
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

This is so strange... I JUST was able to get back on the board a few minutes ago! I have been trying twice daily for weeks. I kept getting 'you are not authorized to view this page' and 'this page doesn't exist' notices up until last night. I was sure the board was gone for good. I even tried to access the site when I stayed at a hotel and at B&N thinking it was something wrong with my ISP. Bizarre!

Anyway, I am SO glad the board is still here. I've missed it!:)
DiamondGenerator

Post by DiamondGenerator »

That is exactly what my computer did when the site was down. I understand the "does not exist", but I wonder how it came up with "you are not authorized". In any case, I kept on checking at least as often as you anyway.
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

It seems to be connected to my computers somehow. I can't access the site at all ('this site cannot be found') from either my desktop or laptop now. I'm using an office computer tonight and I can access it just fine. The mystery continues!
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Hey all! The DNS server I use went down due to a power outage and the server had to be fixed. Thanks to my best friend and the many hours at work he put into getting the server running again so my domains could resolve.

You are all so paranoid. It's nice to be missed though.