Guest Posting Disabled

If you must talk about something that isn't about grue slaying, adventuring or even drinking some of that tasty rye, then do it here.

Moderator: KM3K

DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Guest Posting Disabled

Post by DataAngel »

I am tired of guest post spam so it is disabled for now. I am sure that a newer version of YaBB may not have this problem, however updating it is a hassle and I don't feel like doing it yet.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Guest Posting Disabled

Post by DataAngel »

There is a constant proliferation of new accounts, many are just spammers trying to sell online drugs and other crap. I am on top of it constantly and its not a big deal. However I recently cleaned out ALL inactive accounts not posting. YaBB does not show last time logged in.

I apologize if you are one that has an account just to read new posts. However I have no way to verify wether the account is fake or real. To keep your account open post something.

Thanks, sorry to those that are tired of reregistering, it is not my intention to irritate or confuse those people.
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

I probably don't speak for everyone, but we appreciate the work you do on the webpage.  This is the only place I can really talk about Zork and have others who appreciate the series as much, if not more so, than I do.

I don't think it is said enough, so Thanks.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Not a problem. You are welcome.
James_Juno
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by James_Juno »

I probably don't speak for everyone, but we appreciate the work you do on the webpage.  This is the only place I can really talk about Zork and have others who appreciate the series as much, if not more so, than I do.

I don't think it is said enough, so Thanks.
You definitely speak for me.  Much appreciated, DataAngel.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

It's not a big deal, I am happy that people still come here to give me a reason to actually keep my site going. It's the fans really that keep the place alive, so thank YOU!

Thanks for coming guys.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

I also made the forum do email registration, however I don't have a mail server that allows it to work yet. But in the mean time no more spam posts. However if theres a new face here they can't post unless they email me and i make the account active. So...
Siriusstar
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Siriusstar »

Yay and thank you for no more spam! It was starting to get to a painful level. Hopefully any real person who really wants to join will email you.
Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Afgncaap5 »

Yeah!  Make sure that this board stays open for us regular posters! ;)
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by DrPaul »

It seems like you did everything possible, but they're back already!  These guys are relentless!
Hopefully, these recent spam posts were not new accounts, and they were just left over from before the update.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

No, all those were new false accounts, so either they have a script that can read the image file or people are being lame and manually making them still... don't people have better things to do? If this doesn't stop then I will do pre-registration emails and find an email server I can use, I will NOT succumb to these losers who have no life and have crap for brains.
Last edited by DataAngel on Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

I've changed the length of the verification code, maybe that is enough to make it harder that they will stop. default was 6 but now its longer.