ZGI Issues

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

Ned
A white house, what?

ZGI Issues

Post by Ned »

Hi Folks

Can anyone help me?

I'm running Zork Grand Inquisitor on my PC and I've got completely stuck. It's in the GUE tech. I've chopped down the rope bridge, sending Mr 8 Arms to his doom but when I try to cast "GOLGATEM" to build a new bridge, the lantern tells me that I can't build a bridge over somewhere where water used to be?

Every solution and hint page I've found on the web with ZGI help has said that I need to cast "GOLGATEM" here but I'm getting no results.  
Ned
A white house, what?

Re: ZGI Issues

Post by Ned »

Oh and I've tried downloading the patch and resizing my display to 640 X 480 and still no joy, I'm not being allowed to build a bridge.

I do have "GOLGATEM", honestly!
Not_Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

One of two things would be causing this. Either you're not casting in the right spot, or there's no water.  To see if you're casting in the right spot go to where the 8 armed invisible bridge guy is and go forward again (the screen will be still, you won't be able to pan).  That's where you have to cast Golgatem.  If the case is that there's no water, you have to go back to where you got Golgatem, and destroy FCD#3.  If you want to know how to do that...well..why don't you read MY walkthrough on the net.....

http://www.justadventure.com/Walkthroughs/Zork_GI.shtm
Ned
A white house, what?

Post by Ned »

Sadly I have gone to the screen where you can't pan and I have destroyed the dam. This is most puzzling!
Fantine
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by Fantine »

Oh that is frustrating.  

Are you on the High or Low Installation? I found that my ancient (well, 97 model with windows 95.) computer runs the game better on the lower installation.

Also for some unknown reason my computer got really bitter when I skipped a video segment...and it ended up not doing something correctly.  I had to re-load my game from my last save, and not skip the segment for the puzzle to work. (It was showing FCD #3 with all doors shut...and nothing else happening.  I have no idea why.)

Good luck. :)