New and need help with saving the game.

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

EAK
A white house, what?

New and need help with saving the game.

Post by EAK »

Now don't everyone laugh at once but I am very new at playing Zork. Well actually I have not even really played yet because I will get to a certin point in the game and need to stop but I can't save it so I just turn it off. I downloaded Zork 1 and have never played text games before. I tryed typing in the word save but it didn't work. I would appreciate any help I can get. I am looking forward to playing the game.

-EAK
MacCentris
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: New and need help with saving the game.

Post by MacCentris »

this is extrememly strange, I just tried in the Macintosh version ZORK I, and typed 'save' and immediately the save dialog came up, what version are you playing?
MacCentris
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by MacCentris »

I just through of something, if you're playing the very old DOS version, you might need to use DOS commands :( I am sorry I really can't help with that :(
EAK
A white house, what?

Post by EAK »

I am using a Dos version I will try to look around for DOS commands. Thank you for your reply, have a good one.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

I just tried the version from my site... its a Z1.COM file and typing save works fine. Perhaps d/l that version, perhaps you have a non-saving demo?