New Zork Remake in Development

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: New Zork Remake in Development

Post by DataAngel »

I am better at breaking things than you, sir! :P
Brightblade
A white house, what?

Post by Brightblade »

Keep dreaming  :D
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Site has been down for sometime and I was never able to receive any reply to my emails and its been a year now. Anyone know what happened? My guess is Activision got involved and shut them down... :'(
KM3K
TZL Administrator
TZL Administrator

Post by KM3K »

Looks like the guy lost interest. The whole http://gamerswithin.com/ is gone with a message saying it's not an april fools joke. How sad.
Nowhere Gaming
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by Nowhere Gaming »

WOW has it ever been a while! No, I never lost interest in the project and Activision did not shut us down. It got stuck on a back burner for the past decade (oh my has it really been that long?) but I am happy to announce that the Zork remake is finally FINISHED!!!!! This is not an April fools gag. We actually switched to an upgraded engine which required us to rebuild the game again from scratch as the existing work was incompatible. The upshot of this is that remaking Zorks 2 and 3 will take a mere few months. The game has already been beta tested and is scheduled for release April 1st with the launch of our new website: http://www.nowhere-enterprises.com (it won't be live until the 1st). I didn't want to get hopes up here this time as we were so close last time and then the bottom dropped out. Players can choose between male or female character and enable or disable on-screen text room descriptions. Here are some screenshots to chew on in the meantime:
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
KM3K
TZL Administrator
TZL Administrator

Post by KM3K »

Wow, that looks great! I'm looking forward to playing it. I'll have to check back soon.
Nowhere Gaming

Post by Nowhere Gaming »

Going through some last minute beta testing after some game breaking bugs were discovered. We are testing today and look to put it up for download tomorrow
Nowhere Gaming

Post by Nowhere Gaming »

The game is now up for download!
https://www.nowhere-enterprises.com/zork-i
Jeroen
A white house, what?

Post by Jeroen »

Wow, that is a really impressive piece of work; refreshing and familiar at the same time. I just tried it and was robbed of my jewel-encrusted egg by the thief as soon as I entered the cellar -- awesome!
KM3K
TZL Administrator
TZL Administrator

Post by KM3K »

This looks so cool. Great work! I'm having trouble getting it running in Wine on Linux, but I'll try again another time.

Is it possible to release a Linux version? I mainly use Linux and I'm involved in some Linux groups that would probably love to try this game, but would prefer a version built for Linux. If you need help getting it working on Linux, I'm happy to help where I can.

What game engine did you use to build this?
Nowhere Gaming

Post by Nowhere Gaming »

This was made using RPG Maker MV with heavily modified scripts. It is java based. I will look into it and see if it can be exported to Linux.