Yoruk heard our prayers! New Zork game by Activision!!!

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

MacCentris
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Yoruk heard our prayers! New Zork game by Activision!!!

Post by MacCentris »

It is a browser based game, I have played it for ONLY an hour but I'm already LOVING IT! Activision describes it as a PBB CMMORPG ("Persistent Browser Based Casual Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game" which means in some cases you will need to fight other players. So far I'm fighting monsters, I started in the White House and checking the forest surroundings. It's not quite first-person perspective, but the story is there and it's fun! Of course there are features you can not get unless you pay, but it looks like there is plenty of FREE play.

http://legendsofzork.com/

Guys I hope you love it, I'm loving it!!! ^-^ <3

Liliana
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Yoruk heard our prayers! New Zork game by Activision!!!

Post by DataAngel »

Thanks for sharing, the game has been out for about a year or so now. I had a character I took to lvl50 and then stopped playing, the game is far to repetitive and boring. I know they tried to add more quests etc. but it was still too repetitive. But have fun while you can Liliana!
MacCentris
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by MacCentris »

I love playing it, but there are some things that could benefit from the more modern computing capabilities. For example, some flash puzzles you can actually try to solve, some animated scenes for boss combats, etc.

I am only at level 12 now but I am also wondering if you can find keys to open locked doors and such other things that made the Zork games so much fun to play. I am just hoping that they improve it, it does need some improvements but it takes time for that. I am also wondering if you can play "Survivor" here. I've seen members on level 100, there must be something interesting to keep members interested to play for that long though. I'm going to try to bring my characters as far as my time will allow. Will let you all know how it goes!

:)

Lil
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Enjoy it while you can!! ;D
Trar
A white house, what?

Post by Trar »

Oh god, I hate this game. An attempt by a modern game developer to cash in on an old classic. It sucks by itself, and it completely kills the spirit of Zork. I'll stick to the Uncyclopedian version.