Zork Art

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Zork Art

Post by DataAngel »

lookin good so far, don't kill yourself over this ;-} It looks like you have an Autmn setting, so the dead trees will fit nicely.
Not_Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

Yes, does look quite good.  Reminds me of the house from 7th Guest for some reason, I guess due to the Victorian style.
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

...got the house nearly finished!

Post by JDS »

There she is (or he), the Victorian house. Just the door and the stairs left to do... and the trees :( - don't worry; I won't kill myself (instead I'll kill somebody else).

If you've got a comment on this - don't hasitate to tell.

By the way - could you _please_ change my profile status, I DO know what Zork is you know.
Last edited by JDS on Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

looks good, can't wait to see the finished product.

and NO I can't change your status :-P everyone has theirs because of post count, Nemesis kinda spammed for his though but I DO NOT like spammers. ;-} Don't worry it will change soon enough, its just meant to be funny.
Last edited by DataAngel on Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not_Afgncaap5

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

MMmmm pretty.. I could be all uber-critical and say something seems 'off' in either the textures or lighting.  However
A) you're not done
B) it's a crap-load better than anything I could do

When you're done, do you think it's possible to tally up the total time it took?
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

I'm done, I'm done, I'm... done!

Post by JDS »

:) Huray! Here it is then, the Victorian house.

The trees don't really look good, that's because I didn't want to spend my *entire* weekend on trees.

I worked on this from fridaymidday until, err... saturday evening (1:30), nearly non-stop (hmm... Maybe I DID forget to feed my dog  ;)). About 20 hours total.

So, I hope you like it, and I can do some further modeling for Zork: The Hidden Evil.
Last edited by JDS on Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

I still don't know what you mean by me spamming.

JDS...you are AWESOME, well, at least in my mind. I can't do 3D worth a crap, and you seem to handle it great. Not A could use some help, am I right?
Not_Afgncaap5

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

Could use some HELP? Heck, he can do all the 3D stuff if he'd like to!
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

lol Nemesis...

yeah JDS looks good. I really like it. and the Z for the windveil was a nice touch ;-}
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

Great you guy's like it - can't wait to do some art for the game!

JDS.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Now that I actually OWN a copy of Bryce I can do scenery to a degree, like clouds, water, landscapes etc. I am not sure how long it takes you to do the sky etc. but I can do it easily and efficiently.

I am currently pondering buying Poser5 for $150, looks like you can do clothes and hair in it, etc. which would be REALLY nice in our game if we decide to do CG.

I don't have PhotoShop7, but I do have GIMP for windows, so that will do fine until I can afford to get PS7.
Not_Afgncaap5

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

"I am currently pondering buying Poser5 for $150, looks like you can do clothes and hair in it, etc. which would be REALLY nice in our game if we decide to do CG."

Oh, you must want to start a fight again lol.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Its still open to debate since no one has actually tried to do a green screen yet.

Plus it would be fun for my personal use. I am still looking into getting FlashMX, but thats still pretty $$$.
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

I usualy don't make sky's I just get it from the web (360 degrees pictures), and as for landscapes, that doesn't take me too long; only when I need to intergrate some things like houses in the area.
Nice to hear you've got Bryce - I never tried it but I heard it's pretty good. I don't now about poster5, but if we need GCI characters I would be good.

As about green screens... It's very hard to make the scene camera move good with the character (it can be done, but you should send the files over the web, and THAT takes long too).

Any of you guy's got 3ds Max - well technically I don't either :-)
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Well lets put it this way, IF we do actually release this game, I would expect all software to be purchased. If its only fan-made and FREE its not going to pose to large a problem, however it may anyways. So, its something to consider once we get far enough into the developement stage.
Last edited by DataAngel on Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.