Zork screenshots

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Madame Sophia
A white house, what?

Zork screenshots

Post by Madame Sophia »

Does anybody know a good site for Zork (preferably Nemesis) screenshots (especially the characters)? I keep searching, and only come up with a few mediocre sites. (Not this one, of course.  ;) )
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Zork screenshots

Post by DataAngel »

ive just been too lazy take any lol
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

Well, I don't know about Z: Nemesis screenshots of animations, but in Z: GI the game won't allow you to take any screenshots of the animations (mostly the only moment you actualy SEE the characters), it just takes the first moment after.
I can remember that when you take a screenshot from Nemesis and you switched to Paint Shop Pro or something, the whole program would freeze up.
Anyway; you could try it yourself ;-)...
-using the "Prt Scrn" key, and then paste it in a program like paint-
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

yeah JDS with ZN, when I made the theme, I had to take a shot, exit out then paste into paint etc. etc. PITR! Thats why I haven't taken MORE shots then I did, to make the theme, including cursor states etc.
Not_Afgncaap5
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Not_Afgncaap5 »

Didn't try it myself for in game video (works for in game..uh non-video), but you might want to try Analog X's capture program.  http://www.analogx.com/contents/downloa ... apture.htm  plus with it, if you assign a hotkey to it you can take multiple shots which are all saved as bmp on the hard drive, so you wouldn't have to keep exitig out of the game after every picture.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

I have a utility similar but will check this one out as well, of course this was back in the day when these apps. did not exist or work well, so I only knew to do it one way. :-P
JDS
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by JDS »

Thanx for the link, Not A, 'cos I'm going to make a special walk-through for every Zork game on my site (which has screenshots of every puzzle).