Zork Transcript

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

Marleigh Norton

Zork Transcript

Post by Marleigh Norton »

Greetings!

I'm analyzing Zork for my games class here at Georgia Tech, and something that would be way helpful is a full transcript from Zork.  What I mean by that is a text file of someone playing Zork from beginning to end with all the text that the computer generated and the player typed in.  Does anyone have one they could point me at?

Oh, and email's probably best.  marleigh@cc.gatech.edu

Thanks,
Marleigh
DrPaul
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Re: Zork Transcript

Post by DrPaul »

Sorry.  I kept one from when my daughter and I played Zork together when she was in 2nd grade.  I looked all over for it but I'm afraid it's lost from when my hardisk crashed a few years ago.

YOu could generate on fairly quickly (couple of hours) by getting a walkthrough for the game and then zipping through it.  But that may not be what you're looking for since it wouldn't have all the things people try but fail.

It seem to remember someone on the if-newsgroup (rec.games.int-fiction) that had transcripts availabe from several games.  YOu might want to check there.