or glimicks, the Steppinthrax
that every zorkmid
donated would bring bring prescience from the six
Gods of Emotion: Happiness, Sex, Suspicion, Fear, Anger, Boredom. Six
idols, one for each of the so-called gods, were constructed on either
side of the main hallway in the Monastery's "Hall of Masks".
The most popular
quotation, spoken by the masks themselves, in proper other is:
unique to each particular "god" are as follows:
- HAPPINESS: Discovering
Time and Eternity, Nothing and All.
- SEX: They call for secrets and hidden powers.
- SUSPICION: Two [To] monks long dead, bells that play.
- FEAR: Where [Well] Yoruk, hearing the Implementor’s call.
- ANGER: Masks and runes mark the way.
- BOREDOME: Above and below the fiery towers.
- True fear is Known only by the very quick, and the very
- Fear nothing except the fearlessness that comes when
nothing is all that you have to lose.
- An angry man is a righteous man.
- An angry man has no room for reason.
- Boredom is perfect balance without purpose.
- If you wish to slow time, do nothing.
- Bordom is perfect balance without purpose.
- The road to happiness is paved with good health.
- Donations make a happy man.
- The hip's curse, the arching spine, a heartbeat outside
your own, in these lie absolution.
- Within the touch of bodies, we find ourselves.
quotations are as follows:
- To the eyes of suspicion, there can be no mistakes, only
- The suspicious man has closed his heart to unexpected gifts.
- Rain is the tears of God; it washes all away.
- And at his insult, smite him through the skull.
- Though once your lover, now he only loves to kiss another.
- In the darkness, you will hear your killer's footsteps
- Turn the other cheek.
- A balanced life is a life of joy.
- In life, all that you can gain is lost in death.
- Let your blood boil and fill your limbs with the power to
rip him limb from limb.
- All that you want, she has.
- Fear what you cannot know.
- Do unto others as you would have done unto you.
Zork:Nemesis (game, design documents)