Storyline of the sequels to Grand Inquisitor

Talk about your adventuring here and relive the old days when your trusty sword and lantern would save your skin from trolls and other beasts!

Moderator: KM3K

chimpoo
A white house, what?

Storyline of the sequels to Grand Inquisitor

Post by chimpoo »

I was digging around and found this page:
http://www.csoon.com/issue28/p_activ1.htm

"In Zork Trilogy II, the player assumes control of the Underground and must protect it from hordes of treasure hungry adventurers, while also quelling a Granola Rebellion. Following in Zork Trilogy III, the Brog and the player lead the battle between the Eastlands (the good guys) and the Westlands (the bad guys) in the epic conclusion that spans the entire Zork universe."

I wasn't aware that they already had a story line for the other two games! *sighs*  Does anybody know of anymore sources that talk about what the next two games would have been like?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Storyline of the sequels to Grand Inquisitor

Post by DataAngel »

I wasn't either, as for what they would have been like I have NO idea.
chimpoo
A white house, what?

Post by chimpoo »

I am disappointed because personally, I think the other two games sound like they would be cool.  Or at least original.  Someone should track down the writers and find out the full details of the story line and then we can make the games ourselves. :)
Fantine
A speaking lantern? How bizarre.

Post by Fantine »

Oh why, why, couldn't they just go ahead and make the games? Stinking industry...instead of spewing out Laura Croft and Myst sequels, why don't they focus on making something good for a change?

Never mind me, I'm just a bitter  Ohioan. :)
nitek1982
A white house, what?

Post by nitek1982 »

Zork Grand Inquisitor was always conceived as being the beginning of the "Magic Trilogy".  I remember reading about ZGI and this Trilogy as early as the summer of 1997.  The sequel to ZGI was scheduled to debut around Christmas of 1998 and the final installment was due in 1999.  Those plans fell through when ZGI didn't meet Activisions arbitrary sales expectations.  I surmise that the Zork trilogy was destined to end when the "Magic Trilogy" reached its conclusion.