Zork Nemesis

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Zork Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

In Irondune, after the elevator, when I turn around and try to go forward, the game freezes. Anyone else had the problem? How can I fix it?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Zork Nemesis

Post by DataAngel »

nope sorry didn't experience that one... does it crash anywhere else in the game? Also what system specs are you running the game on?
Andy
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Andy »

I've never heard of that one happening.

The strangest one I've ever had is playing ZGI, right at the beginning at Port Foozle, just after you burn the GI's doll. After Jack is arrested, you have to go forward to his shop. However, after moving forward once, I found that I couldn't move forward any more. I could go back, but not forward. Was very strange.

Ooh, I just thought are you running the DOS or Windows version of Nemesis?
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

I'm running in Windows and it also crashed after pushing one of the buttons on the mine cart ride.
Afgncaap5

Post by Afgncaap5 »

I've had this kind of thing happen before.  In my experience it's generally from too little memory.

The most annoying time that this happened was in Zork Nemesis for me.  I was in Sophie Hamilton's lab (you know, the caver with all of the crystal stalagmites), and right when I hit the final note on the final stalagmite, the game froze.  With all five notes playing.  I couldn't turn those five, high-pitched notes off.  I was so grateful when I just turned off the computer. ;)
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

try running it in DOS only, without windows... might be a pain because of the CDROM and MOUSE but it might work better that way. Me I always ran it in windows and it worked fine for me.
Andy

Post by Andy »

I always had a problem with the Windows version, but then I was running a 486 at the time. So I always opted for DOS, it was easier that way. The only thing was, you have to use Keyboard Shortcuts in order to save.
Nemesis
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by Nemesis »

Yeah, I think it's Windows because after a minute that Error Report pops up from Microsoft. I'll try DOS.
Afgncaap5

Post by Afgncaap5 »

Be sure to keep us posted on how it works out.

*Hears several groans from somewhere*