Nemesis installation issue...

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

xjoshuax
A white house, what?

Nemesis installation issue...

Post by xjoshuax »

Was feeling a bit nostalgic last friday, and bought Zork Nemesis. When I put the 1:st CD in the drive, it autostarted as it should, but the setup-screen is totaly black and nothing more happends.

I've tried installing on both Windows 98 and Windows XP, and the same thing happends. I assume it's got something to do with my hardware, but I dunno what.

I've tried everything. Setting "Windows Compability" mode on Setup.exe to 95/98 on XP; Disabeling "Hardware Accelertation" on Windows 98; Changing the screen-resolution before running Setup.exe... Nothing helps.

This seems to be a hard nut to crack. :)

My Comp.Specs are listed in the signature.

Any help would be appreciated!

// ~xjoshuax~
Last edited by xjoshuax on Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Nemesis installation issue...

Post by DataAngel »

Try running the install exe instead of running the autorun menu. I believe its setup.exe, hold down shift when you insert the disc so it won't autorun. Hold the button till the cd light stops blinking then run the exe.
Andy
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!
Uh oh, my sword is blowing glue!

Post by Andy »

I have a feeling it's your graphics card. Most of those specs are similar to mine, except the card. If you have onboard graphics as well, it might be worth trying that...
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

I have a GeForceFX 5200 and it works fine here. I did notice that the autoplay was fugged up though, so make sure you try the exe directly.