RTZ: Dwarven Mines & DosBox

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

Aussie_Zork_Fan
A white house, what?

RTZ: Dwarven Mines & DosBox

Post by Aussie_Zork_Fan »

I am currently running RTZ under DosBox 0.61 and it runs fine until I reach the Dwarven Mines.

I can enter the cart and select directions perfectly, but the screen keeps flickering black (and I presume it's just before I reach an intersection too!)

Is there any perferred settings to stop this happening? I got so far but now I'm stuck!
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: RTZ: Dwarven Mines & DosBox

Post by DataAngel »

hmm thats odd, try running dosbox 0.63
MacCentris
Grue Slayer.
Grue Slayer.

Post by MacCentris »

Does RTZ run with the digital music in DOSBOX?  The inferno RTZ walkthrough worked great for me but I miss the digital music.  I tried setting DVMS sound to play the soundtrack but the music is off time, or it will jump, or skip, making the game sound totally ridiculous because it may start before or after its supposed to... of course I thought I could get used to it but I soon became sick of it.  How can I play the digital music under Windows XP?  Any help would be appreciated!

--Oh, I also get completely confused as to what to do to run it in DOSBOX (I have no idea what to do when I launch DOSBOX), is there a walkthrough on how to get RTZ to work on DOSBOX that its easy to follow?  Thanks in advance!
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

using dosbox is pretty easy, mounting the dvd/cd drive is about all you need to do, as for setting up sound you as far as i know have to default use SB16 or SB Pro.