Zork: Nemesis problem

Need to sharpen your sword? Or perhaps your lantern ran out of fuel? Well come on in, drink some rye and let Jack sharpen your blade and fill that lantern!

Moderator: KM3K

midnight77
A white house, what?

Zork: Nemesis problem

Post by midnight77 »

I followed the install instructions, but now I have a problem. When I start up Nemesis, I get an error message. It says it can't find bar.tga. However, the file is not on my disk either! What should I do?
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Re: Zork: Nemesis problem

Post by DataAngel »

I do not have that file in my install or my how-to, my advice is to double check your discs for the file... an alternative that may have some interesting graphical side effects could be to just take any of the .tga files off the disc(preferably a small one) copy it to where the game says it cant be found and rename it to bar.tga, or make copies of the newly copied file to the zassets folders.

in the nemesis.zix if you scroll down or search the file you will find the line: '11 bar.tga' however i do not have the file either and my game runs fine... a final suggestion would be to d/l the modified files from my how-to.

let me know if this helps!
midnight77
A white house, what?

Post by midnight77 »

Well, I uninstalled and tried your how-to. Now I'm getting an even wierder message. It says it can't find u000b51c.tga. However, the file is in its' folder and in nemesis.zix. What should I do now? If it helps, I'm using the dvd version and manually installing.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

Is the file in '\zassets\global' ? by manual install, you do mean copying the files from the disc correct? and not running the installer?

Hmm, I am having trouble with this... I honestly do not know... if you copy all the files and modify the zix file, nemesis should run at that point. List your exact OS and other system specs.... maybe that will help. You running the latest video and sound drivers?
midnight77
A white house, what?

Post by midnight77 »

Fixed it! I was copying the contents of the nemesis folder into a new nemesis folder, not copying directly to ZN_DVD. It works now. Just need to find a good program to slow the scrolling.
DataAngel
TZL Founder
TZL Founder

Post by DataAngel »

So, it helped following the how-to properly? ;D

Glad to hear you got it working! And good luck with the scrolling as I mentioned in the how-to there is no fix. The only TRUE way to fix it, would be to underclock your CPU to a 500mhz which is not possible.