By 1600 GUE
, GUE Tech
campus was installed with a massive network of computers linked
together through a complicated system of wiring that ran underground
beneath many of the buildings, including dorms and the Computer Center.
It is speculated, due to the absence of magic being taught at the
university, that this system was installed after the First Great Diffusion
|SOURCE(S): Lurking Horror