FREE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Festeron Free Public Library, located at the south side
Circle is famous for its museum of local historic
artifacts. Built sometime before 781 GUE, the library saw its most
infamous curator by 1063, who continued to her duties there until well
beyond 1157. The museum itself became a popular tourist attraction,
containing many exhibits, such as a pair of enormous fossil mailboxes
with their bones locked together in a pose of eternal combat.
main door of the library was an impressive-looking double door, maybe
ten feet high, made of polished maple with a lion’s head carved in the
center of each great panel. There was a bell, half hidden within the
ivy-covered brick that surrounded the huge door frame. The entire
library's interior, from the linoleum floor to the dark maple
counter-top to the glass covering the framed pastoral prints, was
shined to a high gloss. Sunless was able to pour in through a skylight
in the ceiling.
The library was only open when Miss Voss
so. During the days of Simon the Postman
, the library could not be opened
due to certain changes that had to be made—long overdue renovations.
by a Frobozz Magic
Burglar Alarm, the local police chief, Sergeant
was quick to respond.
The library's address is:
Festeron Public Library Festeron Village
, Festeron WP3XC77LFD-XX663
it was Festeron, the library was quiet, reserved, respectful. But when
the place was part of Witchville
, the proud builing was plunged into a
pitiful state of disrepair. The wood-paneled walls and shining floors
were reminding of a weather-worn pirate galleon. The exterior would be
more ivy-colored than before, with thick, reddish-green thorny growth
covering everything but the great wooden double door.
the first curse of Witchville, Gladys
statue and placed it in the library museum. It was here that the
unknown postal worker
had the first confrontation with The Evil One.
It may be of minor significance to note that prior to his descent into
the Dungeon of Zork
, the Second Dungeon Master
checked out three books
(the 778 GUE "FrobozzCo International Annual Report", "History of the
Great Underground Empire", and "G.U.E. on 9 Zorkmids
a Day") from the
Festeron Free Public Library. These books, due back in 2/21/948 were
long overdue by the time of his ascension, and it is uncertain if they
were ever returned to the library.
|SOURCE(S): Wishbringer, Wishbringer (novel), Zork Trilogy|